Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation (RPVI Prep Course)
This vascular ultrasound course for physicians fulfills all ARDMS requirements.
The Vascular Surgery Board of the American Board of Surgery now requires the RPVI credential to apply for the Vascular Surgery Qualifying Exam.
The Vascular Ultrasound Course for physicians is an intensive, three day, hands-on course that prepares and qualifies physicians to sit for the Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) credentialing exam.
The interpretations include:
- Transcranial Doppler
- Carotid duplex ultrasound
- Peripheral arterial physiologic testing
- Peripheral arterial duplex ultrasound
- Venous duplex ultrasound
- Visceral vascular duplex ultrasound
- Prepare and fulfill all ARDMS prerequisites for the RPVI exam
- Understand the fundamentals of ultrasound physics
- Demonstrate knowledge of cerebrovascular, venus, arterial and abdominal vasculature anatomy, physiology and pathology
- Properly identify normal and abnormal anatomy, physiology and flow dynamics
- Properly identify plaque, grade stenosis, and pathology
- Understand and improve interpretation skills in each area of non-invasive vascular testing
- Understand proper vascular testing techniques, contraindications and potential pitfalls